About 20th Annual Tax Conference
- Home /
- About 20th Annual Tax Conference
2018 ANNUAL TAX CONFERENCE
It is worthy to note that the Annual Tax Conference has continued to be the largest gathering of Chartered Tax Practitioners and Tax Administrators locally and internationally. It has always created an avenue for participants to brainstorm, generate and share professional ideas, not only on taxation issues but also on related national issues that are necessary for the attainment and sustenance of vibrant socio- economic development.
This forum has also provided an avenue for decision makers in Government and the organized private sector to make objective and feasible decisions when faced with the reality of making fundamental micro or macro-economic decisions.
This year’s Conference promises not to be different. Conference delegates would be opportune to attend a wide range of presentations that would be delivered by leading experts in both tax administration and practice. This year’s Conference, as usual, promises to create opportunities for networking, collaboration, and sharing information on technical and management practices. The conference would enable attendees to build confidential relationships across corporate disciplines and geographical boundaries.
The 20th Annual Tax Conference has been scheduled to hold from to hold from Tuesday, 8th to Friday 11th May, 2018 at Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Conference Centre & Suites, Kado and at the International Conference Center, Garki, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, respectively.
Topics that would be presented and discussed would cover a broad range of tax related issues. Some of which are:
• Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP), Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS) and Stakeholders Expectations: Matters Arising;
• Restructuring, taxing rights and fiscal federalism: the way forward;
• Ethics, Corruption and Whistleblowing in taxation: A case for cooperative compliance;
• Transfer pricing & Global Tax Trends: BEPS implementation and the journey so far;
• The tenets of taxation and implications for Nigeria's revised national tax policy
• Arbitrary tax incentives as a disincentive to nation building;
• The imperatives of a robust fiscal and regulatory framework for the Petroleum Industry in uncertain times;
• Overview of General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GAAR) and the future of tax planning;
• Health Talk: Preventing and Overcoming Cancer, Diabetics, High blood pressure and related diseases.
Registration starts at 10:00 on Tuesday, May 8, 2018 with a welcoming Hospitality Night event on the same day to kick off the four-day Conference. Each day begins with a keynote address and is followed by one or more invited speakers. There will be panel sessions presented in the technical sessions.
Other features in this year's conference include:
- Technical panel sessions—increased focus on tax education, impact to the Nigerian economy, diversification of the Nigerian economy, infrastructural development and Governance
- Exhibitions—Delegates are welcome to sign-up on first-come, first-served basis and present to their peers in the main hall at scheduled times
- Tax Quiz Competition – A novel event where interested participants can battle out their respective tax knowledge. Prizes will be won!
- Gala Night – A glamorous social night to climax the activities of the conference. A must attend event. Friday 11th May 2018.
Fees Member's Price Non Member's Price
Non Resident Delegates N100,000.00 N105,000.00
Foreign Delegates $1500
1. Registration is strictly online
2. Early bird registration: Registration before March 31, 2018 attracts 5% discount
3. Additional N5,000.00 will be charged for registration at the Conference Venue
4. Members are advised to cater for their own accommodation at the conference. Negotiated rates will be uploaded on the conference website (www.citnevents.org)
5. Payments options: Online (Mastercard or VISA) or Direct Deposit to bank.
ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND:
Attendance which often records about 1,500 includes representatives from all the continents of the world including the host, Nigeria. Attendees from the following industries attend Conference;
• Banking Boards of Internal Revenue across the 36 states of Nigeria
• Business Services
• Tax, Accountancy & Management Consultancy
• Financial Services
• Federal Inland Revenue Service
• Financial Services
• Health care
• Legal/Law Enforcement
• Local, State & Federal Governments
• Ministries, Departments & Agencies
• Oil &Gas
You do not need to be a member of CITN to attend the conference. Once you are an individual or organization with interest, involvement or responsibility in taxation either as a tax payer (organization or individual), tax administrators or Revenue officers, tax practitioners should attend. In essence, the Conference is specifically for the following:
• Legal counsel who work with tax legislation, tax policy and decision makers in establishing policies;
• Policy and Decision-makers who direct overall tax compliance/administration/advisory;
• Stakeholders in tax practice directly charged with determining client needs and implementing solutions;
• Staff of Federal and State Revenue Agencies that administer tax and taxation generally;
• Government officials responsible for implementing tax reforms
• Non-members of the Institute who have interest in Taxation as a profession or a business
• Professionals willing to network with experts within the tax industry
Members willing to earn 18 credit hours to fulfil their mandatory Professional Training Programme with the institute
The Conference language is English, although provision could be made for translators to cater for attendees from Francophone countries.
Conference attire is business casual.
See you there…….!